Updated: Feb 25
Terms of Reference for Programme Coordinator
The Jamil and Nyanga Jaward Foundation (JNJF) is a Sierra Leonean charity organization dedicated to improving the lives of orphans and widows in need through education, training, agriculture, small business, and other services to help them become self-sufficient.
The JNJF is seeking a Programme Coordinator with experience in organizational and project management and fundraising to lead its foundation in Sierra Leone. The Programme Coordinator will report to the Board of Directors and ensure compliance with all donor procedures and requirements. The Programme Coordinator will be based in Freetown with frequent travel to project locations around the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement a comprehensive programme for orphans and widows in Sierra Leone, including identifying the needs of the target population, applying appropriate interventions, and conducting monitoring.
· Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations, government agencies, and community leaders to ensure that the programme effectively reaches its target population.
· Lead the process of developing organization’s strategic plan and annual work plans.
· Develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date records of programme activities, including financial records and participant data.
· Prepare regular reports on programme progress and submit them to the charity's management team.
· Attend and participate in meetings and other events related to the program.
· Always Represent the charity professionally and respectfully.
· Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for the organization, including identifying potential donors, writing grant proposals, and organizing fundraising events.
· Maintaining relationships with existing donors and seeking new funding opportunities
· Prepare and maintain fundraising reports and budgets.
· A master's degree in social work, international development, or a related field.
· At least six years of experience working in a similar role or minimum eight years working experience in the same capacity with a bachelor's degree.
· Experience working with communities in need in Sierra Leone or other developing countries.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· Experience in fundraising, grant writing, and donor relationship management
· Fluency in English and Krio is a plus.
· The Programme coordinator will serve for 12 months, with the possibility of extension based on performance and funding availability.
The salary and other benefits will be negotiated based on education and level of experience.
How to Apply
Please submit by email, cover letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and contact information for three references to email@example.com on or before 15th March 2023.
JNJF is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to hiring and retaining diverse representative staff. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.